Focus on Teaching on the Run:
- Doctors as Teachers (98kb)
- Tip 2: Educational Guides for Teaching in a Clinical Setting (93kb)
- Tip 3: Planning a Teaching Episode (114kb)
- Tip 4: Teaching With Patients (115kb)
- Tip 5: Teaching a Skill (114kb)
- Tip 6: Determining Competence (133kb)
- Tip 7: Effective Use of Questions (114kb)
- Tip 8: Assessment and Appraisal (125kb)
- Tip 9: In-training Assessment (140kb)
- Tip 10: Giving Feedback (114kb)
- Merriam, Sharan B. Updating Our Knowledge of Adult Learning. The Journal of Continuing Education in the Health Professions. 1996;16(3):136-43 (752kb)
- Fox, Robert D. Implications of the Model of Change and Learning for Undergraduate Medical Education. The Journal of Continuing Education in the Health Professions. 1996;16(3):144-51 (496kb)
- Armstrong, Elizabeth and Parsa-Parsi, Ramin. How Can Physicians' Learning Styles Drive Educational Planning? Acad Med July 2005; 80: 680-684.
- Greenhalgh, Trisha and Taylor, Rod. How to Read a Paper: Papers that Go Beyond Numbers (Qualitative Research). BMJ 1997;315:740-743 (20 September).
- Cooper, James L., Robinson, Pamela, and Ball, David A. The Interactive Lecture: Reconciling Group and Active Learning Strategies with Traditional Instructional Formats. Exchanges: The Online Journal of Teaching and Learning in the California State University.
- Johnson, Susan R. A Plan for Professional Reading. Academic Physician and Scientist (www.acphysci.com). http://www.acphysci.com/aps/resources/PDFs/July-Aug_05_career.pdf
- Brookfield, Steven. Adult Learning: An Overview. in A. Tuinjman (ed.) (1995). International Encyclopedia of Education. Oxford, Pergamon Press. (Forthcoming) http://www.fsu.edu/~elps/ae/download/ade5385/Brookfield.pdf
- Griffith, Chipper. Selected References from Excellent Clinical Teaching: Does It Really Matter presented at Grand Rounds on August 30, 2005
- Think, Pair, Share: http://www.eazhull.org.uk/nlc/think,_pair,_share.htm
The following articles are also on reserve in the library:
- Brown, Judith O. The Portfolio: A Reflective Bridge Connecting the Learner, Higher Education, and the Workplace. The Journal of Continuing Higher Education. pp. 2-13
- Hauer, Karen E. and Irby, David M. Effective Clinical Teaching in the Inpatient Setting.
- Roberson Jr., Donald N. and Merriam, Sharan B. The Self-Directed Learning Process of Older, Rural Adults. Adult Education Quarterly, August 2005; 269-287