Basic Clerkship Goals for Students
- Actively participate in patient care in the hospital and outpatient
clinic, maintain a log of
patients and procedures, and achieve relevant clinical competencies.
- Supplement this clinical experience by also studying videotaped
actual patients, loosely referred
as "simulated" cases.
- Achieve the Neurology Clerkship Learning Objectives.
- Attend all case-based student sessions, including the Lumbar Puncture
Workshop, where a
simulated lumbar puncture is performed.
- Pass a 100 question, multiple-choice, case-based, on-line examination
and a 25 question,
multiple-choice, case vignette, on-line examination of 12 videotaped
patients. Submit student
feedback on the clerkship after the examinations are over.