Knowledge - Students should be able to:
- Classify cough as [Chronic vs. Acute] and [Productive vs. Nonproductive].
- Recognize the common causes of chronic cough.
- Understand the various treatment and diagnostic options available.
Skills - Students should be able to:
- Obtain the pertinent historical and physical examination data for the evaluation
of chronic cough.
- Formulate an appropriate differential diagnosis.
- Understand when to recommend laboratory testing versus a therapeutic trial of
Attitudes and Professional Behaviors:
- Irwin R, Curley FJ. The treatment of cough: a comprehensive review. Chest 1991.
- Pratter MR, Bartter T, Akers, S, DuBois J. An algorithmic approach to chronic
cough. Ann Int Med 1993, 119: 977-983.
- Braunwald, E. In Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine 1998, 14th Edition,