||Ophtho: Specialty Rotation
|No. of Students:
||Amy Lin, MD
||All except July, Aug, Sept.
||Available to third and fourth year students.
|| Grading system is Pass/Fail only. REGISTRATION NOT OPEN TO VISITING STUDENTS.
- Attend general and subspecialty clinics and examine patients under the supervision of residents and faculty
- Observe OR procedures and clinic minor procedures including laser procedures
- Attend resident lectures, grand rounds or other teaching seminars
- Learn how to complete an eye history
- Learn how to perform a basic eye exam using the equipment in the eye clinic
- Learn how to use the direct ophthalmoscope to examine the fundus
- Become familiar with common eye diseases and their treatment
- Become familiar with eye manifestions of systemic disease.
|Method of Evaluation:
- Observation by attendings and residents in the clinic and operating room for enthusiasm, promptness, cooperation and effectiveness
- Written exam given at the end of the rotation