The objectives of this course are:
1) to provide each student with an introduction to the field of otolaryngology,
2) to teach the essentials of perioperative care and
3) to provide an opportunity for student involvement in the diagnosis and management of a variety of otolaryngologic disorders.
This course will instruct each student:
1) through clinic evaluation,
2) inpatient perioperative management,
3) weekly departmental conferences,
4) daily patient ward rounds.
Students will tailor their rotation to their interests. Those planning to pursue pediatrics or family medicine would be expected to follow the pediatric otolaryngology otolosy and possibly voice attendings. Those in internal medicine may choose to enhance their exposure to head and neck surgery, sinus and balance disorder clinics. Students will meet with the ENT instructor once a week.