Hines VA Investigator Certification / Recertification Test
“VA Human Subjects Protection and Good Clinical Practices, Basic Course” is now administered through CITI (collaborative institutional training initiative)
. Users can log into the site at citiprogram.org
. You will need to register first and then take and pass the exam.
The CITI Program, co-founded by Karen Hansen and Paul Braunschweiger, PhD, includes:
- Basic Courses in the Protection of Human Research Subjects.
- Biomedical Focus
- Social and Behavioral Focus.
- Refresher Courses
- Good Clinical Practice Course.
- Health Information Privacy and Security Course (HIPS)
- Laboratory Animal Welfare Courses for investigators and IACUC Members
- Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR).
You will not be able to start any research with the Department of Ophthalmology until you have passed this certification exam.