The many types of planned giving vehicles, including bequests, charitable gift annuities, charitable lead trusts and charitable remainder trusts, allow for personalized gifts that will consider your financial circumstances and maximize the impact of your gift to the Department of Ophthalmology.
Types of planned gifts include:
- Cash or pledges – through bequests, life insurance policies, or retirement assets
- Gifts that provide income – such as charitable gift annuities, charitable lead trusts or charitable remainder trusts.
- Gifts of stocks or bonds
- Gifts of real estate
- Personal property
Benefits of planned giving include:
- Tax deductions for charitable gifts
- Avoid capital gains taxation
- Providing income for yourself or other beneficiaries
- Supporting the Department of Ophthalmology’s mission of providing first-rate patient care locally and globally and training physicians in the Loyola tradition of excellence.
To learn more about planned giving options designed specifically for you, please contact:
Shawn M. Vogen, PhD
Assistant Dean of Development
Office of Development and Alumni Relations
Stritch School of Medicine
2160 South First Avenue
Maywood, IL 60153