Charles S. Bouchard, MD
promoted to Chairman of the Department
Richard Gieser, MD
received the Derrick Vail, MD, Memorial Award at the 87th Anniversary Gala of the Illinois Society for the Prevention of Blindness, Chicago, Illinois.
Walter M. Jay, MD
received a Special Recognition Award from the Illinois Society for the Prevention of Blindness at their 87th Anniversary Gala for his work as Honorary Chair of the Gala. Chicago, Illinois.
Thomas John, MD
- was selected by Castle Connolly Medical, Ltd. as one of America’s Top Doctors. He was also selected by Castle Connolly as one of Chicago’s Top Doctors.
- received the “Best Paper Award” from the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS) at their Annual Meeting in San Francisco, California for his paper “Evaluation of corneal sensation after deep lamellar endothelial keratoplasty.”
Anuradha Khanna, MD
received the Teacher of the Year Award
Bruce Larson, MD
- joined the Department of Ophthalmology
- "Epi-LASIK ", Channel 5 News
James F. McDonnell, MD
was ranked by www.checkbook.org as one of Chicago’s outstanding subspecialists in their survey of 19,000 area physicians.
Suzanne Tidow, MD
joined the Department of Ophthalmology
Tracy Williams , MD
- Illinois AER (Association of Educators and Rehabilitation Specialists) Excellence in Rehabilitation Award
- Optometrist of the Year Award, Illinois Optometric Association
- Honorary Rotarian Award, Wheaton Rotary Club
- America's Top Optometrist in Low Vision Rehabilitation by Consumers Research Council of America
- Appointed as Board Member to National Accreditation Council Board Serving Agencies for the Visually Impaired and Blind
- Appointed to National Eye Institute NEHEP Committee as the co-chair of Low Vision Committee
- Elected chair-elect of the AOA (American Optometric Assn.) Low Vision Rehabilitation Section
- Lecturer of Academy of Ophthalmology meeting in Anneheim during Rehabilitation Subspecialty Day and also Lecturer at Academy of Ophthalmology for JCAHPO