Global Issues in VIrology - Special Topics 2008
This is a literature-based discussion, with 10 sessions.
- To explore current knowledge of selected clinically-relevant virus infections, including HIV, influenza, and hepatitis C virus.
- Explore relationships between viruses and human cancers as well as the relationships between animal and human viruses that give rise to disease epidemics.
- Reveal the relationships between laboratory findings and current global public health issues.
- The format of the class will be a discussion based on the relevant paper(s).
- All attendees are expected to have read the papers prior to the session.
- The papers for each discussion session are (will be) linked below.